Friday, June 03, 2005

I Hear That Old Piano....

Tonight I have the privilege of going with a group of friends to see a taping of Garrison Keillor's "A Prairie Home Companion" at the Hollywood Bowl. The episode is scheduled to air tomorrow on NPR stations, but if you don't have an NPR station in your area, (or just don't listen to the radio that much), you should be able to listen to the show here via RealAudio. (You can either listen "live" at 6:00 pm EDT, or listen to archived shows. New shows usually appear in the archive on Monday.)

I was introduced to APHC shortly after starting work at my current job, and found Keillor's mix of humor and small-town reality very appealing. I always thoroughly enjoy the parody commercials he does regularly. So much so that I used one of his commerical concepts to do this parody for a seminary function a few months ago (link no longer valid). For those interested, I didn't do any of the voices in this sketch, but I did write and direct it, in addition to doing a minor edit on my computer afterward (splicing a small section of one take into the otherwise better take that we finally used). My wife DID play the piano background, though (shameless plug for her musical skills!).

I'll be back on Monday, still trying to find the answers to life's persistent questions. (Bonus points to those who get the reference!)


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...