Tuesday, June 28, 2005

Negative image

I was reading through some friends' blogs recently. There are about a half dozen or more that I frequent (most not linked here, actually). I found myself grousing about how negative one of them seems to consistently be. It's not that I disagree with the blogger. In fact, on most issues of importance, I expect we are pretty much on the same page. Yet I'm left with such a grouchy feeling most of the time I read this particular blog, and it bothers me.

But am I really any better? I've already commented about a month ago that I was concerned that my posts of late had been getting too negative, and I definitely aspire to better. But when I look at the news, and the politics that usually fascinate me so much, I find myself wanting to complain about most of it. And now I'm complaining about complaining! How negative is that?

So, today, I'm going to comment on my wife's birthday party last weekend. About a half dozen friends showed up for pizza on Saturday night, and we had a wonderful time. About two or three different areas of our lives converged in that one moment: the main connecting thread being that these people considered my wife enough of a friend that they would give up a portion of their weekend to celebrate a birthday that wasn't even a nice, round number ending in "0" or "5." Other than the pizza and cake, we didn't really do anything all that special or different. We just sat around a table talking for a few hours, catching up on each other's lives, and generally enjoying each other's company.

And I wouldn't trade it for anything....

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...