Monday, February 13, 2006

"But What Have You Done Lately?"

It recently came to my attention that I have not updated my resume in nearly four years, and so it seemed a good idea to pull open the file and bring some things up to date. While doing so, a singular fact struck me--While I've been able to cite some reasonably impressive achievements, many of these were while I was in college, which was 10 years ago! My achievments since then seem (at least to me) far more mundane, and even some of those are increasingly distant in the past.

Thankfully, I'm not in a place where I have to look for a new job immediately, but it seems to me that I may want to rethink what my resume looks like for whenever I do need it again. Most potential employers won't really care about stuff that I did over a decade ago, no matter how impressive it looks....

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...