Monday, February 27, 2006

Remembering Don Knotts

I was deeply saddened to learn of the passing of comedy legend Don Knotts this past weekend. As I grow older, it is inevitable that many of the celebrities I enjoyed as a child will die. But not since the passing of Fred Rogers three years ago (an event likewise brought to my remembrance this weekend on the Motley Fool radio show) was I so saddened by the loss of someone I've never met.

Whether through his signature role of Barney Fife or through his many movies (especially in the 1970s), Don Knotts was a persistent face on my television screen while I was growing up, providing many hours of enjoyment and fun. I cannot begin to adequately reflect on the contributions that Knotts has given to the American television landscape, but would encourage you to read these reflections by Steve Beverly of tvgameshows.net.

I decided to mark the occasion by watching several classic episodes of the Andy Griffith show. Knotts will live forever in reruns.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...