Monday, April 30, 2007

A Hodge-Podge of Religious Ideals

My friend Chris alerted me to these quizzes. I have to say, I'm surprised at the results, although I can't say I actually disagree with them. If anything, they just confirm what I've said about my own religious background pretty well: I'm an odd hodge-podge! I would definitely say that one would need to read both of these survey results to understand me, though. If you read the first without the second, you may think I'm excessively doctrinal, whereas if you read the second without the first, you'd get the impression that I don't think that sound doctrine is at all important.

You scored as John Calvin. Much of what is now called Calvinism had more to do with his followers than Calvin himself, and so you may or may not be committed to TULIP, though God's sovereignty is all important.







John Calvin


73%

Anselm


73%

Karl Barth


60%

Martin Luther


53%

Augustine


47%

Charles Finney


47%

Friedrich Schleiermacher


40%

J├╝rgen Moltmann


40%

Paul Tillich


27%

Jonathan Edwards


27%

Which theologian are you?
created with QuizFarm.com

You scored as Emergent/Postmodern. You are Emergent/Postmodern in your theology. You feel alienated from older forms of church, you don't think they connect to modern culture very well. No one knows the whole truth about God, and we have much to learn from each other, and so learning takes place in dialogue. Evangelism should take place in relationships rather than through crusades and altar-calls. People are interested in spirituality and want to ask questions, so the church should help them to do this.

Emergent/Postmodern


75%

Evangelical Holiness/Wesleyan


68%

Neo orthodox


64%

Roman Catholic


57%

Reformed Evangelical


50%

Modern Liberal


43%

Charismatic/Pentecostal


43%

Classical Liberal


39%

Fundamentalist


14%

What's your theological worldview?
created with QuizFarm.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...