Monday, November 16, 2009

Introversion and Leadership

I've had a pretty busy weekend, attending the wedding of two long-time friends and teaching the "Godly Play" lesson to the elementary-aged children at my church for the second week in a row, so I'm just going to post the link to this Christian Century article that I read this past weekend.  I confess that I read the magazine version, which may have some variations from this version I'm linking to online, but I trust that the core message on leadership styles and introversion will be maintained.

In particular, I want to highlight the following quotation, especially in light of some conversations that I alluded to in a previous post:
True leaders don't lead by trying to be what others want them to be; introverts with character will lead as introverts. Those of us who are introverts should not try to be extroverts or contort ourselves in ways our personalities are not able to go. While we seek to grow as leaders and as people, we need to be committed to remaining true, because one of the greatest gifts we can offer others is leading as ourselves. People desperately want to know that it's possible to live, act and work as they are, and introverted leaders who model authenticity will give others freedom to be themselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...