Monday, November 09, 2009

A Last Look at the Neighborhood of Make-Believe

As I've said before, I'm a huge fan of Mister Rogers.  As such, I was thrilled to find a blog dedicated to the "Neighborhood" and to all things related to it some time back.  Today's entry gave some details of an event from this past weekend, whereby the original props for the set of the Neighborhood of Make-Believe were available for public viewing for what is all-but-certain to be the last time together.

I learned this event about a few weeks ago, but knew even then that I couldn't attend.  Like "TL" at the Neighborhood Archive, "knowing this set [was] open for viewing (likely for the last time) and not being able to be there [has been] simply agonizing."  But we can't have everything.  I'm very grateful to him for posting the pictures, videos, and links on his site.  The next best thing to being there, as they say.  Most of the images themselves come from the WQED Pittsburgh page on Facebook, so feel free to drop by over there and share your thoughts and see what else they have to offer!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...