Friday, April 07, 2006

Cleaning House

I'm in the process of changing my home Internet provider. As part of this process, I need to backup any and all files that were on the old providers FTP space, so that I can upload it again to the new space. Then I'll need to update any old links that point to the old space.

This means that I need to go through all of my old blog posts (especially those made before I learned that I could upload images to Blogger directly), and fix the now-broken links. Since I'm not fully connected with the new provider yet, this process will take a couple of days, so if you happen to be searching through the archives, don't worry. I'm working on it. However, feel free to leave a comment here in case I've missed it.

One fringe benefit of this endeavor is that I get to look through some posts that I haven't thought about in a while. I hadn't realized that I have been blogging here for almost exactly a year now. I suppose I'll have to mark the occasion more properly when it arrives. In the meantime, here are some highlights from the blog's first six months:
  • Interesting in light of my recent posts on women's ordination is this anecdote that grew out of a visit to a rather conservative church in Orange County. I find it to be an amusing read even now, although the things that happened at the church later (noted at the end) were rather tragic.
  • Now that the latest Transformers Club exclusive has been announced, but not yet delivered, it's interesting to read this post written during the time I was waiting for last year's toy.
  • My fleeting attempt to do verse-by-verse commentary (on I Samuel). I tried this for two posts (here's the second), then gave up.
  • Here's a list of all the ways in which our train was delayed while traveling to Washington state to attend a wedding.
  • My attempt to do a Transformers: Universe style page for the first Transformers Club exclusive (quickly rendered obsolete when the club created their own a few months later.) and my similar effort for the BotCon exclusive Ricochet. I probably won't be doing any more of these anytime soon, since the Club seems to be going ahead with official bio pages for many of these in the Club magazine.
  • I discussed a book by Dan Kimball entitled Emerging Worship, to be surprised when, only a day later, Mr. Kimball himself commented on my post.
  • A post made at the beginning of what would be become a series of eye care visits, where I was later scared that I might have retinal detachment (thankfully, a second opinion later confirmed that this was not the case, and my vision has remained essentially the same in the months since).
  • The beginning of my occasional series telling stories from my own growing-up, followed shortly by the series of anecdotes from a series of sermons that were very important to me in my teen years (the full sermons are transcribed at the link entitled "MYC '89 Sermons by Tom Are, Jr." on the sidebar).
  • My first attempt to do reviews of Transformers toys. I keep meaning to add to this series, but still have yet to do so....
Who knows what the next year will bring?

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...