Friday, July 20, 2012

Yet Another "Call Me Maybe" Parody

Obviously, I'm jumping on the bandwagon a bit here, as there are tons of parodies of the Carly Rae Jepsen megahit "Call Me Maybe" out there already (I'm particularly fond of the Cookie Monster one). But I couldn't resist this take that, I hope, is rather unique. It tells a story that should be familiar to most Christian ears, if probably never quite like this.

Paul Me, Baby
by Mark Baker-Wright
(with apologies to Carly Rae Jepsen)

I threw the Christians in cells,
Doing my job very well
Sending those heathens to hell,
But now you're in my way

Went to Damascus to try
To send some others good-bye,
But then a light made me blind,
And now you're in my way

Your stare was holdin',
Sad face, tears were showin'
Hot night, sand was blowin'
Question where I'm going lately

Hey, I just met you,
And this is crazy,
But here's my future,
So Paul me, baby!

It's hard to see right,
Vision's hazy,
But here's my future,
So Paul me, baby!

Hey, I just met you,
And this is crazy,
But here's my future,
So Paul me, baby!

And all the time I spent,
Trying vainly,
But here's my future,
So Paul me, baby!

You made it clear with your call,
You caused my camel to fall
And I had nothing at all,
And now you're in my way

I had to go change my name
Because I wasn’t the same
And now my life has a flame,
And now I'm on my way

Your stare was holdin',
Sad face, tears were showin'
Hot night, sand was blowin'
Question where I'm going lately

Hey, I just met you,
And this is crazy,
But here's my future,
So Paul me, baby!

It's hard to see right,
Vision's hazy,
But here's my future,
So Paul me, baby!

Hey, I just met you,
And this is crazy,
But here's my future,
So Paul me, baby!

And all the time I spent,
Trying vainly,
But here's my future,
So Paul me, baby!

Before you came into my life
I missed you so bad
I missed you so bad
I missed you so, so bad

Before you came into my life
I missed you so bad
And you should know that
I missed you so, so bad

It's hard to see right,
Vision's hazy,
But here's my future,
So Paul me, baby!

Hey, I just met you,
And this is crazy,
But here's my future,
So Paul me, baby!

And all the time I spent,
Trying vainly,
But here's my future,
So Paul me, baby!

Before you came into my life
I missed you so bad
I missed you so bad
I missed you so, so bad

Before you came into my life
I missed you so bad
And you should know that

So Paul me, baby!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...