Wednesday, August 08, 2007

Bad News

I have used this blog to promote the talents of North Carolina-based singer/songwriter David LaMotte in the past (NOTE: that's four separate links, although only the first three are from my own blog), and have followed his career for well over a decade by now. Sadly, it seems that LaMotte's time as a career artist is nearing an end, as he begins to devote himself full-time to peacemaking work overseas. He has indicated that he will be doing a "Farewell Tour" for about the next year or so.

So, I'd like to use this blog entry as an opportunity to call out to my friends, especially here in Southern California, to help find a suitable locale for LaMotte to come to this area during his farewell tour. If you need to find out more about what LaMotte's music is like, here are some YouTube videos featuring him. Also, if you know me personally and are in the area (and if you still have equipment that can play audiocassettes), I've got lots of free cassettes of LaMotte's that I got as a promotion some time back, and I'd be more than happy to give you one (or more!). If you know a venue, you can either let me know about it by sending me an e-mail (link in the upper right), or you can feel free to discuss the matter with the venue owner/manager directly (in fact, this would be especially helpful). Booking information may be found at his web site. Thanks in advance for your efforts!

And, if it makes a difference at all, today's my 33rd birthday, so you have to be nice to me!

P.S. I'll be out of town attending a friend's wedding this weekend, so there won't be any updates to the blog until next Wednesday.

1 comment:

  1. Hey my birthday's on Saturday

    how weird is that

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...